Friday, April 25, 2014

Regine's Book; A Teen Girl's Last Words- by Regine Stokke

I was surprised when I picked this book up at our local bookstore, because I typically read dystopian and paranormal fiction, etc. The cover looked a little strange (but it is perfectly clear what it resembles), I thought at first. As always, if I am interested in a book, I'll read the first few pages.  
  This book is a true story about a Norwegian teen who had leukemia in 2008.  She blogged about her life during this time of great fear for her and her family. It felt as if she was directly talking to me as an individual, and she had a profound way with words. In the book, it displays photos that she had taken, along with poems she wrote.
  I loved this book; it touched me in the heart, and it found like I had known this girl for years. The part I disliked about the book, was it was rather tragic. 
  I would recommend this book for people who need a good reality check and that they could have it worse. Also great for people who plan so far into the future and seem to set things in place, as if nothing could possibly come and take those plans away.
  This autobiography has inspiring quotes pictures, and poems that Regine herself had taken. 
  I would not recommend this story for extremely sensitive people or children, as it describes subject matter involving the dreaded disease of cancer. (This book may also not be suitable for cancer patients.) 
  If you are planning on giving this book as a gift, just make sure the person isn't overly sensitive.
  This is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it! (four and a half stars!)

My copy:





No comments:

Post a Comment