Sunday, April 27, 2014

diving in: by rachel awes (Rachel Awes Author Review Part 1)

  Yesterday was pretty cool.  I met an author named Rachel Awes in a small-town book shop. Here my sister and I got an autographed copy of both her books.  But cutting strait to the point, I just finished reading "diving in"!
  We all get those thoughts that we think that totally should be made into books that come to us during random times, and mostly it happens in water; bathtubs, beaches,  boat rides, or in Rachel's case, a pool. She wrote about thinks that we would probably think about a lot in a pool, and turns them into metaphors for life.
   I thought the style it was written was so neat- complete with hand drawn pictures (done so by the author),  photographs, and plenty of happy truths about life. 
  This is a great book, and I would just about recommend it to anyone! 
**I thank my sister for this post, because she let me borrow her book. Thanks Lissy!**

My (sister's) copy:





No comments:

Post a Comment